I’ve been loving the Origins counter lately. The reps are all super helpful without being overbearing. I asked about samples and the man who helped me gave me a whole bunch and asked if I wanted to try their Fringe Benefits mascara.
“Heck yes!” I said, “it’s the perfect size for my purse!”
Here’s how I use it:
– Feel rushed and leave without putting your makeup on at home.
– While waiting for your BART train to arrive, apply mascara.
– Do not drop (like I did, after the last time I used it. There is no # of seconds rule when it comes to eye products and the floor of public transportation.) Continue reading →
Here’s how I used it:
– I walked into Macys with no makeup on and went to the Origins counter.
– There was no customer service rep there (10am on a weekday) so I found the Underwear for Lids and spent a bit of time trying to figure out which was the color and which was the primer.
– I found the primer, wiped it down well with a tissue (the same technique would have been used by the customer service rep, had s/he been there) and applied it to my lower lids.
– The first layer was a little thin so I added more to get the coverage I wanted – it was fun to use the lipstick-like stick
I have a weakness for glitter and sparkles. I admit it. I could blame it on the current “season” and say I’m being festive…
Anywho, when I saw Urban Decay’sHeavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Spandex (which is described as “black, accented w/ rainbow”) I had to have it.
Here’s how I use it:
– I prep my eyes with primer and then apply whatever eyeshadow is of the moment.
– If I’m feeling dark and mysterious (snarf), I apply black liquid
3/6/10 UPDATE Having recently discovered the WP import from Blogger tool, I was able to export this one (slightly relevant) esthetic post from my old blogspot blog. It’s old, but it belongs here, now that this exists. 🙂
Last night as I was preparing my toiletries for a visit to Santa Cruz, I discovered a cache of makeup products that I thought I’d lost a looong time ago (at least a year).
They were in the small outside pocket that I don’t use very often – soo rad. Continue reading →