Back when I was a kid, my mom always bought us Nature’s Gate shampoo and conditioner from the health food store. That brown pudding-like conditioner that made my cat knead my scalp like it was catnip is one of my most confused childhood memories. I love it because it reminds me of that childhood – the places we lived, the way the cat walked on the edge of the tub when I was in it – but I really never quite cared for the way it felt or smelled. I think it was the only option my mom had within her desired parameters, of which, I have only a vague idea: natural, inexpensive, large size…
Now they make all kinds of products that smell and feel great, are pretty natural, and do a great job at what they’re made for, including this Lavendar & Aloe Body Wash that’s just lovely.
Some might find the $9.99 price tag a bit steep and I can’t say I disagree. However, I can say that this product is worth it in the long run.
Here’s how I use it:
– on the body: lather & rinse!
– I only have to use a nickle sized amount on my loofa for my whole body in the shower.
– makes a nice bubble bath as well
– The lavendar oil smells like it was made mostly of flowers and not a lot of leaves, which I prefer (but that’s just a guess). It’s fresh and bright and doesn’t linger.
– A little really does go a long way!
– It foams up nicely without the Sodium Laurel/Laureth Sulfates we natural product lovers have grown accustomed to avoiding.
– It leaves my skin feeling soft, smelling clean and there’s no soapy residue.
– The last ingredient is “fragrance” which *usually* means a synthetic fragrance has been added. My guess is they do it to keep the scent consistent across batches, as one can’t control the way a giant flower harvest will smell. However, it does smell great and doesn’t bother me the way synthetics can so be sure to sniff it first in the store before buying if you’re sensitive to synthetic fragrance.
– Like I mentioned before, for body wash, it’s a little pricey at $10 but it is pretty concentrated and if you keep your usage to *just* what you need it should last a while longer than a less concentrated body wash.
I definitely recommend this body wash – it works, it’s natural & it smells really nice.