How I Used It:
On the first night, I noticed that the Invigorating Night Gel (ING) felt mildly tingly – it might be too strong to use nightly, as suggested, if it feels this tingly every night. When I put the Sheer Transformation (ST) on top, it melted in nicely but felt Continue reading →
I got a sample set of NUDE Skincare products and I’m already in love and ready to settle down and make 10,000 babies with these products (and I’ve only used four little packets!)
I’m so in love with this company and its products that I’m breaking my standard “upsides/not-so-upsides” form.
The sample kit I got came with four little envelopes of product: Cleansing Facial Oil (love)
My first experience with cleansing oils was in Esthetic school when we used Dermalogica’s PreCleanse in every facial. I may write about that one someday but for now I’ll say that I fell in love with cleansing oils back then and I still really enjoy them. Nude’s version is fabulous. You apply it to your skin without water and massage it in for a while. Bit by bit, you add water and watch it emulsify into a watery, creamy substance. This gets the skin super clean by attaching the cleansing oil to the oils on the skin and then rinsing them away with the water. Plus, it leaves the skin feeling conditioned and fresh and not dried out.
Advanced Eye Complex (feels wonderful)
It’s hard to say much about eye cream from a sample except for how it feels.
Here’s how I use it:
– I use this in the shower but I keep it on a shelf outside of my shower (see the very top of this page). It’s a dry powder so it’s imperative to keep humidity out of the bottle until you’re ready to use it.
– After washing my face, I pour a small pile (appx 1/8 tsp) into my hand and massage it with water until it starts to foam up and isn’t sticky.
– I massage it into my skin for just over a minute, being sure to focus on the parts of my face that get clogged.
The upsides: The Ingredients
– While I don’t love that it has artificial color, fragrance and parabens, the active ingredients are all botanical or food based, which is what drew me to it in the first place.
– My skin feels wicked smooth after using this. The smooth feeling lasts a day or so, which makes sense since it can be used daily. For more sensitive skin, I’d say try it a few times a week at first. For oilier skin, daily use will help keep the skin clean and clear. People with dry skin should always be sure to use an appropriately rich moisturizer after any exfoliation treatment Continue reading →
One of my favorite makeup companies is Urban Decay because I love their colors and that they have an extensive line of Vegan products. I’m not vegan but I have vegan friends and I like to think that they can have fun applying brightly colored makeup without sacrificing their principals.
Today I’d like to tell you about their Afterglow Blush in the color Fetish.
In trying to fill out my reviews of Juice Beauty products (because I love their concept, their organic-ness & that they are made locally), I will embark on testing one of their cleansers.
I was recently given some samples of their Cleansing Milk and I tried it out once but don’t love it enough to try again.
Here’s how I use it:
– Get face wet, but not too wet.
– Apply one pump all over face & rinse.
The upsides: JUICE!
– I love that the base for all of Juice Beauty’s products is juice.
When my favorite perfume was discontinued, I started hunting around for a new one. I got many different testers of new perfumes from Sephora that didn’t work for me. Then I remembered that Ginger Perfume from Origins that, about 5 years ago, I’d put on my list of perfumes to try. This isn’t a review of that because I find perfumes to be rather personal and as hormones & lifestyle change, so does one’s preference in perfume; at least, that’s how it’s been for me. I always recommend getting testers and wearing it for a few days
I have a weakness for glitter and sparkles. I admit it. I could blame it on the current “season” and say I’m being festive…
Anywho, when I saw Urban Decay’sHeavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Spandex (which is described as “black, accented w/ rainbow”) I had to have it.
Here’s how I use it:
– I prep my eyes with primer and then apply whatever eyeshadow is of the moment.
– If I’m feeling dark and mysterious (snarf), I apply black liquid
2/15/14 UPDATE Alas, this beautiful color has been discontinued. 🙁
——- 5/2/10 UPDATE I went to Sephora to get some of this lipstick for my mom and was told they “lost the brand.” It seems that one can only purchase it at Sephoras that are inside JC Penny now, as well as other retailers. You can order straight from their website, tho.
I have a thing for lipstuff. Not a day passes when I don’t put on at least two different lip products. I especially like lipstick and am rather picky about it. Cargo‘s Botanical Lipstick in the color Nahinni is my new favorite lipstick.