This Aubrey Organics cleanser Sea Buckthorn & Cucumber w/ Ester C Facial Cleansing Cream for Combination Dry Skin has a mouthful of a name but is quite a simple and straightforward cleanser.
I purchased this creamy cleanser due to a co-worker’s suggestion that I was over-drying my skin with cleanser for combination oily skin. I figured I’d see if she had a point. It took me a while to find how well this worked for me but once I did, it turned out to be okay.
Here’s how I use it:
– I had to try different ways of using this cleanser. The best clean I got from it was by applying it to dry skin and massaging in for a bit before adding a little water. This technique got my skin feeling soft and clean and got completely rid of my makeup.
– Alternatively, when I applied water first, it didn’t quite get all of my eye makeup off or get my skin feeling clean enough.
– The reviews on their site are from people saying this cleanser was one of the few products that helped long standing acne. This definitely intrigues me and I have made a point to recommend it to my sensitive, dry, acneic clients, which can be the hardest skin type and skin condition combination out there.
Our purpose is to leave the Earth in better shape than it is today. From the all-natural ingredients in our products, to the biodegradable, recyclable and recycled packaging we use, we are careful to a fault. Profit is never the overriding factor in our packaging or ingredient decision-making. We use sustainable, plant-based ingredients in all of our products. We never use petrochemicals or other non-sustainable ingredients.
– The smell. It has this alcohol-y smell that makes me think I’m massaging vodka or whisky into my skin – it doesn’t FEEL that way, just smells. Alcohol is the second ingredient, which I’m sure is WHY but I don’t like it. I’m really into pleasing my senses and I feel strongly that people will use a product more often if it feels and smells good – unless the benefits are outstanding and so obvious that it’s worth dealing with the unpleasantness. This cleanser, however, didn’t take me there.
– I admit that I could have been more regular about using it to see if it helped keep my pores clean. It didn’t make them dirtier – that’s for sure – but I’m just not sure it’s worth it. That’s why the jury is still out.
All of you product junkies with combination, dry and acneic skin, please, I need your feedback – tell me if you love it and why here in the comments. I really want to love it because I love the company and I want to support it.
Stay tuned, I’m going to keep trying their products and writing about them! I’m sure I’ll find a LOVE it in one of them.