Because the right cleanser can make all the difference, I tend to review them the most. Plus, it’s the one product I need to buy rather often and it’s hard for me to stick to just one (even if I do call it my favorite). This Cleansing Jelly is by the brand Melvita, which pulled me in when I was working at Burke Williams in the Westfield Mall. Melvita had posters advertising their natural products all around the mall and I had to check it out.
Here’s how I use it:
– Dry Skin: 3-5 pumps of the gel, massaged into skin while adding water bit by bit until rinsing. I do this when my skin is especially oily or dirty.
– Wet Skin: 1-2 pumps of the gel, massaged into skin until a light foam forms and then rinse. I do this after the above or if I’m feeling cleaner that day.
– The scent is a light and fresh barely there citrus.
– The texture is silky smooth and feels great on the skin and makes the skin feel soft and smooth cleansing.
– Melvita was founded by a Beekeeper and Biologist, Bernard Chevilliat and that alone tickles me because I LOVE BEES! The future of humans on Planet Earth rests in their hives and we need to do whatever we can to support them – choosing pesticide free products is one way to help. Here’s a quote from Mr. Chevilliat from his bio page:
MELVITA is a pioneer in organic cosmetics and has grown to become one of France’s leading brands of natural and organic cosmetics. Resolutely organic. Because we are convinced that the organic commitment is one of the keys to the future of the planet.
In addition to effectiveness and pleasure of use, I hope you will find here the authenticity, the ethical approach and, above all, the passion that makes us so different today!
– I also love that I’ve been using my first bottle of this cleanser for MONTHS and it’s still at least 1/4 full. Those two little pumps really are all you need. Given that, the $18 price tag is a downright steal!
– The only thing I can come up with is that they have rather limited US distribution (currently only found in SF, Seattle and Newport Beach) but you can always shop online!
When my last 1/4 of the bottle is gone, I’m gonna fly right down to the mall and re-up my supply! LOVE IT! I think it’ll work for all skin, as well. If you have super sensitive skin and try this, do let me know how it works for you.