I purchased the MyChelle All Skin Types Sampler Kit and have been working my way thru it’s offerings. I recently over did it a bit with the retinol and had some flaky skin on my chin. Some say the flaking is a good thing but I don’t like it – I think the skin should be fresh and dewey often and that dry, flaky patches are not a goal. Some types of skin need the flakes to get results quickly, but I think everyone will get results from retinoids with regular, measured applications. However, I have sensitive skin and sometimes retinol can make the skin flake (especially if the same skin has a new scrub tested on it the morning after retinol is applied…).
I tried the Deep Repair Cream from my little kit to see if it would help and I used it every night until it was gone – I love it so much I’m probably going to go buy some at Rainbow now that I’ve used the last smidgen, even tho I’ve plenty of other moisturizers to use at night.
Here’s how I use it:
– When I was feeling REALLY dry, I put a bit on in the morning just before my sunscreen and it really helped keep the flaky bits of skin from looking too obvious.
– At night, after a hydrating serum, I put this on all over my face (but not the eyes).
– From their website:
Deep Repair Cream is an advanced nourishing cream providing exceptional extracts to improve and maintain moisture balance and radiance. Venucean™, is from the deep sea of the Gulf of California, is rich in antioxidants and strengthens the skin’s resistance against aggression such as UV light. Kambuchka™, is a black tea ferment that improves the skin’s quality and smoothness. Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) assists skin healing and cellular repair.
– I love how it feels when I put just enough on. It soaks right into my skin and leaves behind a light, fresh scent that I enjoy but am not overwhelmed by at all.
– It doesn’t seem greasy but if you want a higher level of moisturization, just use more. This makes it seem to me to be great for all skin types, even oily. For oily, I’d recommend just a smidgen a few times a week at night only and only if you’ve got some mild irritation you’re trying to clear up.
– The price point. It’s less than $30 before tax/shipping and that’s a great price for such a high level product.
– You know I must love this product if my only not-so-upside is the fact that you can’t get it easily! They do let you order on their website (where they often have monthly discounts/specials – be sure to check their home page before purchasing) and I know Whole Foods (aka Whole Paycheck) does carry a lot of MyChelle products.
I’m excited to have another LOVE IT night cream in my arsenal. I think this product is especially good for normal, dry and combination skin and, like I mentioned above, can even be used on some oily skin types. It feels fresh, smells great and can help your skin maintain its youthful glow longer.