In my quest to find natural products that are effective, I started researching Pevonia products by attending a seminar that they hosted. At the end of the session, I ordered some products to try for myself since this was my first time learning about them. The cleanser I ordered was their Combination Skin Cleanser.
Here’s how I use it:
Technique 1: 13 pumps (yes, I counted every time. yes, I tested more pumps and less pumps and found this to be just the right amount for me) massaged onto DRY skin for at least a minute and then rinsed with water.
– I found this to be the best way to get soft, smooth skin that felt clean.
Technique 2: 13 pumps massaged onto WET skin for less than a minute.
– I did this when I was tired or lazy (or both). I definitely didn’t feel as clean as with Technique 1 but it did the job.
– Their website is a little annoying (bird sounds, scavenger hunt flash based linkage, clunky UI) but the company itself has some great standards. Here’s an excerpt from their [now deleted]
Protecting the earth and maintaining an affinity with nature and its precious resources is an integral part of Pevonia’s philosophy. Cruelty-free formulations (no animal testing) and eco-packaging (fully post-consumer recyclable and biodegradable packaging) further affirms our commitment. Pevonia proudly supports environmental conservation as well as worthy philanthropic organizations.
Y’all know I love me some post-consumer recycled plastic and biodegradable packaging!
– I just didn’t care for the product overall. The scent is alcohol-y and reminds me of Lemon Furniture Polish. It didn’t really get my skin clean enough for me and I really don’t like having to pump 13 times just to wash my face.
– While most of the ingredients are natural, the last few are questionable to me. I looked them up on Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep Cosmetic Safety Database and while most were low to no hazard, one was moderate and I just don’t like that. It might be something I could overlook if the product performed better, which I have done with other great performers.
– Because of the above ingredient challenge, it makes me like the company less. I’m not sure I can trust them with their so called Green initiative. We all have to be careful about getting Greenwashed.
I’m sad to discover these things about Pevonia because I had hope for the brand and products. Tho, honestly, I’m not surprised. When I attended that training program, I thought that all of the products they showed us smelled a little TOO fruity – like, artificial fragrance fruity. Definitely not my favorite.