It’s full of exfoliating, anti-acne ingredients, which is great for oily skin. I have combination skin that I keep hydrated for the sake of a healthy glow and minimal blackheads. The “healthy glow” can look like an oily shine by the end of the day so I’m guessing that’s why the sales rep gave me this sample.
Because I have combination oily/dry/sensitive skin, when I use moisturizers with exfoliation acids, I break out. My skin is oily with small pores which means breakouts are really frustrating. I get red bumps with nothing in them, or no way for what’s in them to get out and they take forever to heal (usually more than a week with topical acne treatment products). I do not like Continue reading →
Because the right cleanser can make all the difference, I tend to review them the most. Plus, it’s the one product I need to buy rather often and it’s hard for me to stick to just one (even if I do call it my favorite). This Cleansing Jelly is by the brand Melvita, which pulled me in when I was working at Burke Williams in the Westfield Mall. Melvita had posters advertising their natural products all around the mall and I had to check it out.
Here’s how I use it:
– Dry Skin: 3-5 pumps of the gel, massaged into skin while adding water bit by bit until rinsing. I do this when my skin is especially oily or dirty.
– Wet Skin: 1-2 pumps of the gel, massaged into skin until a light foam forms and then rinse. I do this after the above or if I’m feeling cleaner that day.
– The scent is a light and fresh barely there citrus.
– The texture is silky smooth and feels great on the skin and makes the skin feel soft and smooth cleansing.
– Melvita was founded by a Beekeeper and Biologist, Bernard Continue reading →
I got a sample set of NUDE Skincare products and I’m already in love and ready to settle down and make 10,000 babies with these products (and I’ve only used four little packets!)
I’m so in love with this company and its products that I’m breaking my standard “upsides/not-so-upsides” form.
The sample kit I got came with four little envelopes of product: Cleansing Facial Oil (love)
My first experience with cleansing oils was in Esthetic school when we used Dermalogica’s PreCleanse in every facial. I may write about that one someday but for now I’ll say that I fell in love with cleansing oils back then and I still really enjoy them. Nude’s version is fabulous. You apply it to your skin without water and massage it in for a while. Bit by bit, you add water and watch it emulsify into a watery, creamy substance. This gets the skin super clean by attaching the cleansing oil to the oils on the skin and then rinsing them away with the water. Plus, it leaves the skin feeling conditioned and fresh and not dried out.
Advanced Eye Complex (feels wonderful)
It’s hard to say much about eye cream from a sample except for how it feels.
In my quest to find natural products that are effective, I started researching Pevonia products by attending a seminar that they hosted. At the end of the session, I ordered some products to try for myself since this was my first time learning about them. The cleanser I ordered was their Combination Skin Cleanser.
Here’s how I use it: Technique 1: 13 pumps (yes, I counted every time. yes, I tested more pumps and less pumps and found this to be just the right amount for me) massaged onto DRY skin for at least a minute and then rinsed with water.
– I found this to be the best way to get soft, smooth skin that felt clean.
Technique 2: 13 pumps massaged onto WET skin for less than a minute.
– I did this when I was tired or lazy (or both). I definitely didn’t feel as clean as with Technique 1 but it did the job. Continue reading →
My boyfriend has really great skin and doesn’t usually need any of my help. Sometimes, however, he feels dry or wants something to wash his face with that isn’t as intense as whatever I’m using at the time. We were at Rainbow Grocery and I thought that this Zia product HydraClean Face Wash, for men, would work out for him. And it did for a little while.
Here’s how he uses it:
– Only in the shower and not for shaving. Just a quick wash with his hands.
– It’s got a lot of natural ingredients.
– It’s made by a San Francisco company that was started by one woman in her kitchen (power to the people! power to the women! power to local products!).
2/15/14 UPDATE Alas, this beautiful color has been discontinued. 🙁
——- 5/2/10 UPDATE I went to Sephora to get some of this lipstick for my mom and was told they “lost the brand.” It seems that one can only purchase it at Sephoras that are inside JC Penny now, as well as other retailers. You can order straight from their website, tho.
I have a thing for lipstuff. Not a day passes when I don’t put on at least two different lip products. I especially like lipstick and am rather picky about it. Cargo‘s Botanical Lipstick in the color Nahinni is my new favorite lipstick.