Youthtopia = favorite because it’s creamy and light, not greasy. Dry skin
Plantscription = did not like because its a gel, too light. Eyes didn’t feel protected. Great for oily skin or, as they advertise, someone with a lot of wrinkles around the eyes.
Ginzing = too light weight & didn’t like shimmery-ness. Great for oily or combination skin
Starting Over = acceptable but lighter than youthtopia. great for normal, youthful skin with no complaints as prevention of wrinkles.
I’ve been loving the Origins counter lately. The reps are all super helpful without being overbearing. I asked about samples and the man who helped me gave me a whole bunch and asked if I wanted to try their Fringe Benefits mascara.
“Heck yes!” I said, “it’s the perfect size for my purse!”
Here’s how I use it:
– Feel rushed and leave without putting your makeup on at home.
– While waiting for your BART train to arrive, apply mascara.
– Do not drop (like I did, after the last time I used it. There is no # of seconds rule when it comes to eye products and the floor of public transportation.)
Having recently re-discovered Origins products, I came across their eyeshadow primer called Underwear for Lids – The smoothing lid primer (not to be confused with Underwear for Lids – Delicate color for eyes)
Here’s how I used it:
– I walked into Macys with no makeup on and went to the Origins counter.
– There was no customer service rep there (10am on a weekday) so I found the Underwear for Lids and spent a bit of time trying to figure out which was the color and which was the primer.
– I found the primer, wiped it down well with a tissue (the same technique would have been used by the customer service rep, had s/he been there) and applied it to my lower lids.
– The first layer was a little thin so I added more to get the coverage I wanted – it was fun to use the lipstick-like stick
When my favorite perfume was discontinued, I started hunting around for a new one. I got many different testers of new perfumes from Sephora that didn’t work for me. Then I remembered that Ginger Perfume from Origins that, about 5 years ago, I’d put on my list of perfumes to try. This isn’t a review of that because I find perfumes to be rather personal and as hormones & lifestyle change, so does one’s preference in perfume; at least, that’s how it’s been for me. I always recommend getting testers and wearing it for a few days